Welcome






I am Kate and I live in a small village in South Devon, with my husband, two children and dog Maggie. 
                                            
I am a self taught artist, having spent all my life doodling and dreaming (alongside having a career as an occupational therapist and raising two boys!)

For many years, as my focus was elsewhere, my only creativity was limited to doodling when ever I had a pen and paper. However in 2010, I decided to start properly drawing and painting again and I haven’t looked back.

I started off by painting pictures and using the images for greetings cards that I gave to family and friends. This soon developed to me doing craft stalls where I also sold some of my original work. 

Even in those early days, I was lucky enough to have my work accepted in a couple wonderful galleries in the South Hams and this gave me confidence that I was heading in the right direction. I still sell my work in those galleries, as well as two or three more (see galleries section of my website.) 

I have built up the number of places I sell my work, including my Facebook page ( Kate Andrew Artist  https://www.facebook.com/Kate-Andrew-Artist-1404815096405239/) where I have built up a following. It has meant that I have been able to have contact with people who like my work, whose constructive feedback has driven me on. I love the fact that I have conversations with so many people who often tell me the reasons they like my work or why they have purchased a particular piece. I find it inspiring and life affirming.


At the tail end of 2015, I made the enormous decision to dedicate more time to my art, leaving the job I had been doing for nearly twenty years.. Its early days, but so far I have absolutely no regrets!